Victory Seeds®

An informational resource of the Victory Seed Company

 

Victory Heirloom Seed Company - Preserving the future, one seed at a time!

 "Preserving the future,
one seed at a time." ™



• U.S. Frost Dates

• Canadian Frost Dates

• Hardiness Zone Maps

• Garden Planting Guide

• U.S. Ag Extension Links

• "Why Heirlooms?" FAQ

• "A Case for Heirlooms"

• Glossary of Terms

• Seed Saving Tips

• Vegetable Origins

• Scoville Units

• Other Useful Links

• Measurement Conversion

Average Last and First Frost Dates
for Alabama

Based on statistics, there is a 10% chance that a frost will occur outside of the dates listed and there is a 90% probability that the "Freeze Free" days are accurate. This information is based on historical data and is intended for planning purposes only.

Informational Resources for Alabama Gardeners


City Spring Fall Freeze Free
Days
Birmingham 4/19 10/27 198
Clanton 4/14 10/23 200
Dayton1 4/3 10/25 213
Evergreen 4/2 10/31 222
Fayette 4/23 10/9 181
Haleyville 4/16 10/13 186
Mobile 3/21 11/8 244
Montgomery 3/26 10/27 223
Ozark1 4/1 10/31 219
Scottsboro 4/26 10/7 174
Thomasville 4/1 10/27 216
Tuscaloosa 4/9 10/25 208

Sources:

  1. "Climatography of the U.S. No. 20, Supplement No. 1",  1988,  National Climatic Data Center, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, U.S. Department of Commerce.

  2. "DATA SET 9712C (DSI-9712C) - Probability Levels for 1971-2000 Freeze Dates and Growing Season Lengths",  26 Feb 2005, National Climatic Data Center, Asheville, NC

Click Here for more detailed information and additional weather station choices.


Seed Favors for your Special Event. Save Seeds - Victory Horticultural Library Click here for Heirloom Tomato Seeds and Information.
     

 

Copyright © 1998 - 2014 -- All rights reserved -- the Victory Seed Company

 

Updated on April 01, 2014