Tips for Brewing the Perfect Cup of Tea
1. Start with fresh, cold water.
2. Heat to a rolling boil in a glass or steel kettle.
3. Pre-heat your brewing vessel, whether cup or teapot, with some of your boiling water.
4. Measure out a teaspoon of tea per cup and "one for the pot".
5. Pour the boiling water over the tea and steep for 5 minutes (or to taste).
That is it for me. Plain, straight, hot tea so that the unadulterated flavor can be enjoyed. Others like cream and sugar, others, honey and lemon.