We do rely on the sale of seeds to fund our work, but our primary mission is to protect seeds. One of our tools for doing this is through education and dissemination of information.
The following links are to tools and information located on our Web site. In some cases, the links will lead you to other sites.
• Seed Topics
• Seed Germination Rate Standards
• Seed Saving Tips
• Gardening Topics
• Using Frozen Food Trays for Starting Seed
• Free Mini-Greenhouse for Seed Starting
• Gardening with Kids! - An overview and resource page.
• Gardening Almanac Pages - What to do this month.
• Tomato Specific Information
tomato seed saving tips
• Step by step tomato seed saving pictorial.
• Tomato basket instructions
• Why Grow Heirloom Tomatoes?
• Red Stuffing Tomato Information
• Craig LeHoullier Information Page
• "Brandywine and Company: What We Know and What We Don’t (One Person’s Opinion)" by Craig LeHoullier
• Blossom End Rot (BER) in Tomatoes
• Bean Trellising
• Nutritional & Processing Information
• Historical Topics
Hall of Fame
Want to know more about the people who introduced various
seed varieties and built the seed industry in America?
This is a site created and sponsored by us to promote
• Agricultural Reference Material Links - Online books, journals and old seed catalogs. Part of the Seedsmen.org project (see below), these historic materials are critical in seed preservation work.
Links to Sites Maintaining Period Specific Gardens
• Ideas for Themed and Period Specific Gardens
• Weather Topics
• Satellite Imagery Page
• Selected Weather Related Links
• Selected Space & Environmental Related Links
• The Moon In Lore and Science
• Weather Calculator / Unit Conversion Page
• Weather System Specifications Page
• Miscellaneous Information