- SHIPPING TIMES: As of 5/13/20, please allow up to 7 business days for us to mail your order. Check the website header for current backlog wait times as times may vary.
- CANCELLATIONS: Once you have placed your order and your payment has been made, the credit card company or PayPal will have taken their non-refundable transaction fees and you have reserved your place in our queue effectively preventing someone else the opportunity to place an order. For this reason, if you decide that you wish to cancel your order, our cancellation fee plus a 25% restocking fee will apply.
- CHANGES TO ORDERS: Once you place your order, it cannot be added to, edited, or combined with another order. (These are manual tasks that further slow fulfillment times for everyone.)
- SHORTAGES: We are working hard at keeping our inventory as accurate as possible. We very rarely substitute varieties, but during these times, we assume (unless you indicate otherwise) that you want seeds to plant this year. When you receive your order, it may contain a similar variety or if no comparable variety is available, your card will be refunded for whatever we cannot supply you. Again, this is rare. Out-of-stock items will not be back-ordered.
- RECOMMENDATIONS: If you have read this far and are still placing an order, do so with the mind-set that you are getting one shot at it. That is to say, don't order one packet of tomatoes now and figure that you will order your main garden seeds later on closer to planting time. We are starting to run out of certain varieties. THIS IS NOT A MARKETING GIMMICK. We have already had to stop accepting orders for nearly one full month this season. This recommendation is merely an attempt to make sure you are not disappointed. Again, think through your needs, don't wait too long, and make you "place in line," that is, your order's position in our queue, count.
- RISK CLAUSE: Be aware that like you, we are not immune to the potential effects of this disease, interruptions in the US Postal Service, or governmental mandates for closure. We are doing all that we can to protect ourselves and our staff members, but if illness strikes us, or the government halts staff from coming to work, fulfillment times will be even further delayed.
Thank you so much for your support, for all of the well-wishes that you have been sending us via email and social medial during these trying times, and we hope and pray that all of this passes quickly, with the least amount of lives lost as possible, and that life gets back to "normal" soon. From all of here on the farm at the Victory Seed Company, stay safe and have a great gardening season!
NOTE: If you already have an order in our fulfillment queue, please be assured that we are working diligently to get it in the mail to you. Check the website for information about current expected shipping times, and your patience is greatly appreciated!