A. W. Livingston Tomato Collection:
Although we are not keen on
self-promotion or calling attention to ourselves, the work that we do here at
the Victory Seed Company is significant and we are proud of our accomplishments.
This collection of
A. W. Livingston tomato varieties is a great example of the seed variety
preservation work that revenue from your orders supports.
After more than a decade of searching, growing, and matching our observations to original documentary evidence,
we are proud to offer the most complete, as well as, the most accurate
A. W. Livingston tomato varieties available anywhere, in perhaps seventy
years.A word of caution regarding opportunistic vendors .
. . Just as they did in the time of
A. W. Livingston, other seed sellers have purchased seed from us, grown out their own stock and are offering some of these varieties that we have worked
hard to re-release. Please understand that the seed that they are offering has not been grown by
us. We only offer our seeds direct to you, our gardening friends and supporters and never through third parties.
If you would like to grow out seed that is as close to what you could have
purchased from old A. W., please consider ordering from us. Your purchases do directly support our continued
seed variety preservation work. Without it, varieties like these would remain
in obscurity or worse, lost forever.
For the rest of the story on how this all got
- The Livingston Seed Company, "Seed Annual for 1933"
- A. W. Livingston's Sons, "Livingston's Seed Annual - 1896"
- "Livingston and the Tomato", A. W. Livingston, 1893
- The Livingston Seed Company, "1900 Seed Annual"
- Livingston Seed Company, "Seed Annual for 1918"
- The Livingston Seed Company, "1920 Seed Annual"
- The Livingston Seed Company, "1923 Seed Annual"
- The Livingston Seed Company, "1931 Seed Annual"
- The Livingston Seed Company, "1936 Seed Annual"
- Heritage Seed Curators Australia, "Lost Tomato Varieties" (organization dissolved in 2002)
- "The Vegetable Garden", Vilmorin-Andrieux, 1885
- The Livingston Seed Company, "1942 Wholesale Catalog"
- The Livingston Seed Company, "1933 Seed Annual"
- "Descriptions of Principle Types of American Varieties of Tomatoes", USDA, October, 1933.
- "An Early Work With Mendel's Law," American Breeder's Magazine, E. C. Green, Vol. 3 No. 2, 1912.